Roles & Requirements:
- Assists in the conduct of an audit engagement under supervision of team lead and may be responsible as team lead for undertaking small non-complex audits which will involve pre-audit scoping and preparation, identifying audit risks, performing preliminary evaluation of client’s internal control structure, conducting audit execution and getting reviewed by engagement manager for conclusion.
- Assists with audit planning procedures including audit tests using the firm’s audit methodology.
- Completes allocated tasks to a high standard which meet set reporting and auditing standards.
- Follows and maintains audit documentation requirements as per requirements and standards.
- Assists with preparation of the financial statements, or reviews client-prepared financial statement, other management reports, certificates, auditor’s report, etc.
- Able to perform and contribute other assurance related engagements like tax audits, GST audits, certifications, accounting and compliance health-check, etc.
- Builds confidence in dealing with clients and knowledge of more in-depth tasks, developing the ability to take on more complex engagements and builds relationships to ensure client retention and growth.
- Acts as a mentor and guide to interns, building relationships and performing as a team lead.
- Promoting the firm at every opportunity to facilitate new business opportunities and adhering to quality standards.
- Ability to develop an understanding of the role and function of audit for a large range of entities from varied sector and an understanding of audit techniques including planning, interviewing, documentation, testing, conclusions, and reporting.
- Is pro-active in developing technical knowledge, executing engagements, and providing status reports.
- Is a team player and a self-starter with a flexible and proactive approach coupled with an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills and is able to display initiative and analytical thinking ability.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Windows software and accounting systems.
Qualification (any of the below):
- Chartered Accountant with 0 to 3 years of post-qualification experience.
- Articleship experience in audit is mandatory and must be willing to pursue and gain experience in the audit role.